Saturday 23 September 2017

ICSA 2017 @ IEM Graz

I was very lucky this year to attend the ICSA in Graz, Austria, hosted by the VDT and IEM - one of the world's centres of excellence for spatial audio research, both artistically and technically. They also do a lot of great work on open source project such as puredata. As well as attending the conference, I also took part in the summer school (my second summer school this summer!). This was a fantastic experience, and I learnt a lot about High Order Ambisonics. The IEM guys have developed some nice techniques and free tools for working with HOA, making mixing in 3D using HOA viable.

http://vdt-icsa.de/

When I got back to Huddersfield I did a workshop explaining what I learnt to my colleagues in the music and computing/engineering departments.

HOA workshop in SPIRAL @ Huddersfield Uni - Ambix/MCFX/MrHeadTracker